We all hear but do we listen?
Auditory processing issues are at the root of most learning problems.
Sound Education uses the Tomatis Listening Integration program for all children (and adults) who learn differently and may have a barrier in absorbing and interpreting language which effects the development of learning.
The program works by using modified music to build a foundation of neural pathways to the centres in the brain associated with language and balance.
Examples of children’s problems our program potentially helps:
- An intelligent and talented child who but finds reading not easy
- In social situations when the sound level is high, the child becomes overwhelmed; confusion, then stress and anxiety follow
- Mothers report ‘happy at school but can’t or won’t do homework’
- Elusive signs: the child is not be reading efficiently, or can read but can’t do maths, yet can have passionate knowledge on one or two interests and can talk excessively on this topic
- Child avoids putting pen to paper – there is often little motor control in their hands, and their writing arm ‘fights’ the pen
See how all these issues are connected to the linking of voice, ear to brain plasticity.